Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Maicen's Beauties


Maicen's Beauties
Originally uploaded by sewitsforyou
I love this artist Macien. Here is a sample of her work. Her newest items incorporate color and they just pop and feel so alive. She is able to draw them so they embody people I know or people from different eras, like flappers. When I see these girls I can almost envision them as real ladies. She has been so nice to give me permission to use some of her ladies for pieces I wear to show off my embroidery.

I wish I lived closer so I could go to some of her gallery shows. I love how different her ladies look and how they remind me of people I know or people from different eras, like flappers. Please go check out her site . I apologize that some of the heads of gotten totally chopped off. Check out her flickr and see all of her lovely ladies.

No comments: