Friday, June 27, 2008

The 80's and early 90's Strike Back

So Flor posed a question about high school on her blog and as I searched for pics I only came up with a few.
Let me preface this by saying I have naturally curly hair. I tend to forget this when I cut it and have at times often resembled a poodle.


The one where I am with a guy (in a white, lace, long sleeve, floor length dress) look at the hair..






The family pic is from 1990 Hello, Kunderwood my hair rivals your bathroom Blonde Foxy Brown (a.k.a Maude) any day




This pic was about 4 months before the pic below..So pretty. I like the man-do. This was about 2 months after I lopped off the hair cause I was angry at my boyfriend at the time (hmm that was smart). This is a polaroid and it scanned pretty good. I was working at a place that I had the worst ever conditions a human should be exposed to. All of the "helps" living quarters were condemned.

I was 17 in the pic I had cut off all the hair and it was growing out..Nice huh?




My hair is flat now, I blow dry and straighten it most of the time when I was it because frankly I do not want to look like any of the above pics..lol


8 comments:

Kristi said...

Hahahahahahahaha! Ha ha ha!!
Can't.stop.laughing!!!!!!!!

Ok, seriously, that is SOME HAIR! My hair is also naturally curly and can be a real pain to deal with.

I love the way your hair looks now. Very very pretty.

Thanks for sharing! This was awesome. I will post some pics too if I get access to a scanner. :)

PS I gotta tell ya...At the time those photos were taken, that was THE style and you were totally rockin' it!! :-D

sewitsforyou said...

pretty bad huh Kristi?..Maybe this is why I don't have load of pics from hs. I had an asymetrical haircut in 10th grade but I have to search at my moms for that do. I NEVER used hairspray, I had natural poof built in. Let's not forget that I have lived in Florida for most of my life where the humidity is usually out of control. I have a pic when I lopped it off the summer I graduated and it was WORSE..

The hair now is a bit shorter just got it cut and forgot I have curly hair and I got bangs (I know I am a dumb dumb) so I am getting use out of my little clippy things...
Thanks for checking this out kristi!

floresita said...

Look at you - you were adorable! Ok, I have to go scan some awful pics so you can see some REALLY awful hair. :) And look at you now - beautiful! ;) Thanks so much for playing along!

sewitsforyou said...

Flor thanks for the nice compliments!! It was way big I swear! It should have said "opjects in mirror may be larger than they appear"

Katie Kutthroat said...

wowie.. haha.. gotta love it! the 80s and 90s were rather horrible.. and even though i was a child through most, i had some horrible hair dos. my mother loved at home perms, so you can only imagine!

sewitsforyou said...

I used to say my hair was just was god's way of saying she had a snese of humor. Thank goodness for the flat iron..

Unknown said...

OMG! Too funny! I was just coming over to see if you posted pictures of your bangs. This is way better!

sewitsforyou said...

yea well the bottom pic kittykill is pre-bangs. I will have to have dan take some pics.. I had some big ass hair though